Protecting your savings
We recognise the importance of protecting your money and your personal information. We do everything we can to keep your accounts and data safe from online security threats and our eyes open for potential fraud. This is in addition to offering your savings protection under the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme known as the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Working together – Protecting your account from fraud
Every time you access your Recognise Savings Account you’ll be asked to input your User ID, your password and the memorable information you gave us when you first created your account. Please keep all of this information safe and do not share it with anyone.
- When you log into your Recognise Savings Account you’ll always see the date and time you last logged in, so you’ll immediately know if there’s been online activity that was not you since your last visit. We will also log you off from your account if you leave your screen unattended after a while.
- We use secure connections and online security certificates. When you’re logged into your savings account using our Secure Online System you’ll notice the appearance of a green padlock. You can click on the padlock to view our security certificate.
- We’ll never call you, email you or write to you to ask for your password. And if we call you over the phone, we won’t give out any information about your account until we’ve verified your identity.
- We’ll only return funds or pay interest into to your Recognise Savings Account or the UK bank or building society account you have chosen as your Nominated Bank Account when you applied for your Recognise Savings Account.
- Most importantly, we are here to keep your money and information safe and this is always at the top of our minds. So if you ever suspect any fraudulent activity on your Recognise Savings Account, please call us immediately on 0345 872 7888*. You should also report it to Action Fraud by using the online fraud reporting tool at www.actionfraud.police.uk or by calling 0300 123 2040.
*Our opening hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. We are closed on weekends and on bank holidays. Please note that your calls may be monitored for training, quality and security purposes.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Your deposits with Recognise are protected upto a total of £85,000 per person (£170,000 for joint account holders) by the FSCS. To ensure all of your deposits with Recognise are protected by FSCS, you can only save up to a maximum of £85,000 across all of your accounts with us, including your share in joint accounts.
The protection with FSCS means that in the unlikely event that Recognise were to fail or become insolvent, any deposits you hold up to this limit will be protected under this scheme. Please note that FSCS do not cover any deposits we receive before your Recognise Savings Account is open, as we won’t be able to allocate them to your account. Please wait until we’ve confirmed your account is open before you send a deposit, using the instructions you have received via email and secure message.
To check if your money is protected with us, please visit the FSCS protection checker at Bank & savings protection checker | Check your money is protected | FSCS
Guidance & Information
Literature & Guides
All you need to know about our savings products
Changes to our savings accounts interest rates, terms and conditions and additional information on frauds and scams
A reminder of our interest rates
View all of our products and interest rates on one page
How do I pay in?
Funding your new Recognise savings account.
Frequently asked questions
Commonly asked questions and answers relating to our savings products