We may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS text, email or fax about products or services which may be of interest to you. Please see our Privacy Notice and Direct Marketing Policy for further details on when we may send marketing communications to you and how you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time if you do not want to receive these updates.
Due to the nature of the Internet, availability of the websites and portals cannot be guaranteed. The Bank makes no warranty that your access will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free and shall have no responsibility for any incompatibility of the websites and portals with any of your equipment, software, hardware or telecommunications links or any technical problems including errors or interruptions of the websites and portals.
The Bank may occasionally need to carry out repairs, maintenance or introduce new facilities and functions. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our websites and portals for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Although we may put in place security measures for your protection, provided we have used reasonable skill and care in doing so, we shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any computer equipment, mobile device, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of the websites and portals or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, the websites and portals. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties in breaching any security measures.
You may use our websites and portals only for lawful purposes. You may not use our websites and portals:
- In any way that breaches any applicable laws or regulations;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our websites and portals, any equipment or network on which our websites and portals are stored, any software used in the provision of our websites and portals or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The “Recognise” name and logos and all other brands, names, logos, marks and slogans on the websites and portals are the trade marks or service marks of us or our licensors.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, database rights and any other rights in all information, data, text, artwork, pictures, photographs, images, graphics and materials (together “Materials”) on the websites and portals and the design, layout, look and appearance of the websites and portals are owned by us or licensed to us by our suppliers. You are permitted to use and download such Materials or extracts from the websites and portals to a local hard disk and print copies for your own internal, personal, non-commercial, private use only.
Except as we expressly permit, you must not in any way modify any Materials on the websites and portals. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms or otherwise by us are reserved.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user, we do not exclude or limit our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- Our fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or to any other representations that it would be unreasonable in law to exclude; or
- Our breach of the obligations implied by Section 12 Sale of Goods Act 1979 or Section 2 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- Any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
If you are a consumer:
We shall not be liable to you for any losses arising out of your use of the websites and portals, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
The websites and portals are provided to you on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and we make no warranty that it is complete, accurate or upto date. Provided we have used reasonable skill and care in providing our digital content to you, we will not be liable to you for any damage it may cause to you device or your own content. We recommend that in accessing our websites and portals you ensure you meet the minimum system requirements for doing so.
For further information regarding system requirements please see paragraph 15 Accessibilty below.
If you are a business:
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We shall not be liable for any: a) indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs or expenses; b) loss of actual or anticipated profits; c) loss of use of money; d) loss of revenue; e) loss of goodwill; f) loss of reputation; g) loss of business or contracts; h) loss of operation time; i) loss of opportunity; or j) loss of or damage to data, suffered by any user of the websites and portals whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such losses, arising from the use of or inability to use the websites and portals, or any material contained in it or accessible from it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the websites and portals or any such material.
This does not affect any liability we have and/or any obligations we have to our customers under any regulations issued by our regulators from time to time.
Telephone conversations may be recorded for training, monitoring and regulatory purposes and to improve our customer service standards. Please see our Privacy Notice for further details.
Emails are an insecure method of transferring information across the Internet. You should limit the information you send by email and not detail any confidential personal data in your email to us.
1. Keep your information safe
We recommend the following:
a. Always keep your personal data protected.
b. Lock your PC when you are not using it.
c. For optimum security you should use the latest version of your chosen web browser.
Change text size using your browser: To increase or decrease the text size, use the appropriate option in your browser. For example, to increase text size:
- Internet Explorer go to View>Text Size>Larger
- Mozilla Firefox go to View>Text Size>Increase
- Safari go to View>Make text bigger
- Windows: Press the Ctrl and + keys together
- Mac OSX: Press the Command and + keys together
Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 849404).